John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Hi, I have a samsung DV218AEWXAA dryer. It runs but there is

Customer Question

Hi, I have a samsung DV218AEWXAA dryer. It runs but there is no heat. Is this something I may be able to diagnose and fix? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  J1204 replied 5 years ago.
Hi, ill be glad to try and help you with that. Looks like this is and electric dryer,correct the most common cause of no heat on these models is a burned out heating element. You have to remove the front of the dryer to gain access to the element. Also do you have a multimeter capable of doing ohm readings or continuity checks? Thanks, josh
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Josh, yes it is electric and yes I think I have an ohm meter to test. Not sure I know how to use it but I can try. Also, is this an expensive repair if I call a local appliance company or is it pretty straightforward assuming it is the element? Thanks
Expert:  J1204 replied 5 years ago.
The element comes as an assembly that includes the element,housing,and thermostats. Its normally around $100. If you remove the front panel you can ohm out the element if its open its bad. Jjosh