Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We just bought the house and with it came the appliances. The

We just bought the house and with it came the appliances. The range a whirlpool accubake gas will not bake or broil. The top burners work fine. I hear 2 clicks inside moments after starting preheat, but nothing else. I think these also have a type of glow rod. They do not come on either.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and see what kind of heating system this unit has? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its a GS440LEMB 3
OK first, this unit does not have glow igniters. This has a very complex system with a DSI board (direct spark ignition board) which reads the gas valves coils and checks the resistance to make sure everything is good with the valve. This board also serves other functions like sends out the actual spark to light all the burners and cuts out the gas if it doesn’t detect the flame has ignited. If the system is working properly the bake and the broil will click three times when you turn the oven on. If you only hear one or two clicks, you have a bad DSI board or a bad gas valve. There are 3 terminals on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance from the top terminal to the middle terminal, and the middle terminal to the bottom terminal. You should get a reading of approximately 215 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, you need to replace the valve because even though only one coil may be bad, the DSI board will stop all oven function as soon as it detects there is a problem with one of the coils.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So there is only one gas valve to check with 2 coils. If both coils are good it's the DSI?