gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

I have a Frigidare top & bottom fridge and replaced the auto.

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare top & bottom fridge and replaced the auto. ice maker. Being unfamiliar with all possible ice makers, I purchaced a IM115 from Lowes, and the new wire plug does'nt fit the O.E.M. plug on the fridge. I've started to hard wire ( I cut both plugs ) the ice maker in, but, the new ice maker only has 4 wires off it, ( Lt. blue, black, yellow, Gr./yel ), and the fridge has 7 wires off it, (2 green, 1 blue, 2 black, 2 white ). Am I wrong in my thinking, that I can hard wire the ice maker to the fridge, and I do not have schematic to tell me color codes for fridge. Please advise. Thank you very much, ahead of time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 5 years ago.

gst85 :

good morning.

gst85 :

i have never heared on any one wiring an ice maker.the new model should have came ith an adaptor to fit the new one.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

hello, good morning

gst85 :

do you have the full model number?

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

yes, frt24xhawo

gst85 :

thanks.just a few minutes please while i look at the diagrams.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

thank you, no problem.

gst85 :

your welcome.i will try not to take up much of your time.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

so long as what I'm seeing is correct, the 2 extra wires (white, black) are not used, will that create a problem?

gst85 :

every single wire has a purpose and needs to be used.now it seems that the ice maker that you bought is not oem.i dont believe that you can purchase the wire harness itself but i have can provide you with the correct part number that calls for this model that includes the same exact harness connections for this model.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

please, if you could?

gst85 :

that is not a problem.i will get you the info in just a minute.

gst85 :

Replacement icemaker kit. Four round female connectors at end of wire harness. Comes with adaptor that converts harness to three round female & one round male connectors

gst85 :

www.repairclinic.com

.

Manufacturer Number 5303918277

gst85 :

this part# will include the entire replacement kit that you will need.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

Do you recomend who to purchase this from, and, Can I hard wire this unit in without plugs?

gst85 :

you can purchase it online at repairclinic.or you can also get it at your local appliance parts dealer.i would not recommend that you har wire the ice maker.

gst85 :

hard

gst85 :

i have posted all of the info that you will need.

gst85 :

if there is anything else that i can help you with just let me know.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

thank you, no. bye

gst85 :

your welcome.before you go please click on a smiley face.

gst85 :

are you still there?

gst85 :

please remember to click on a smiley face before you go so that i may receive credit for assisting you.

gst85 :

only the 3 top ratings will credit me

gst85 :

i hope that i have been helpful.

Expert:  gst85 replied 5 years ago.
it seems that you may have stepped offline and did not click on a smiley face.i wish you the best of luck.