The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Norcold refrigerator - Model # XXXXX Serial #(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I have a Norcold refrigerator - Model # XXXXX Serial #(NNN) NNN-NNNN The refrigertor is cycling on and off ever 4 seconds. This is causing the interior light to go dim as well. Freezer will not keep food frozen.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

The unit is doing what is called "short cyceling" it is an indication of low refrigerant in the sealed system.

Unfortunately this is not something that you can repair yourself. It requires a person that is licensed by the EPA to handle refrigerants.

You can have the unit repaired at any RV dealership, major big rig repair facility, or major marina. Some refrigeration and air conditioning repair companies can handle it also. You would have to call them to find out.

Thank you for trusting me with your problems.

Please select a POSITIVE RATING (Ok Service or better) and a bonus is appreciated. This is how your professional receives credit for their time. If for any reason the rating box is not visible, or you are unable to enter a rating, please let your professional know.

This is ment to be a running dialogue, and for this reason it is very IMPORTANT that you reply using the CONTINUE CONVERSATION tab if more information is needed at any time BEFORE rating.

Please remember to ONLY rate an answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to rate Poor or Bad Service, please STOP and reply to your professional via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION tab with the issue you have. They will be happy to continue further and do everything they can to provide you with the service you seek.