Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

This morning, the Loc light flashing on stove -had not set

up to clean oven...
This morning, the Loc light flashing on stove -had not set up to clean oven --burners locked --can't eliminate loc flashing ---tried pressing and holding 0 and 9 at sae time -- at timees thhe oven door is locked but then sometimes can open. Have tried pressing off button. Fuse panel is ok. One clock in house was flashing as if power was out for moment but most electric clocks are fine ---clock on stove is working   stove is makinng a clicking sound as if trying to do something
8/1/2012
gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician

gst85 :

good morning.

gst85 :

do you know if you saw f9?

Customer:

I'm here

Customer:

diidn't see

gst85 :

ok im going to pull up the diagrams for this model and i will be back in just a few minutes.for the mean time cut the power to the unit.

Customer:

ok --husband off to flip breaker switch

gst85 :

ok thanks.

gst85 :

do you know if you may have had a power surge by some chance?

Customer:

everything else is fine --but as I saaid, our bedroom electric clock was flashing as if had ben a power failure but it is very sensitive -will do that with even just a nano second --all other clocks are fine including one on stove ---am just going to check tv right now

Customer:

tv is fine also

gst85 :

ok now go ahead and restore the power and tell me if the error has cleared.

gst85 :

what options do you have on your control panel?

Customer:

is pluged back into hydro line (couldn't find fuse quickly) --now word loc is flashing and time is flashing. When first plugged in, had display of numbers all across the screen.

gst85 :

do you have the lock button on your options?

Customer:

not sure I know what you mean?

gst85 :

if you have the LOCK button on your control panel.hold it for 5seconds.

Customer:

don't have a seperate lock button ---have one marked clean

gst85 :

ok hold it for 5seconds.

Customer:

will do ---you are saying hold for seconds ---I assume that means a few seconds (like 4 or 5)

gst85 :

sorry about that i meant to say 5seconds.do you have a clear option?

Customer:

no clear option

gst85 :

ok try this.Press the "Oven Lockout" or "Range Lockout" button on the control panel and then the "Start" button. "LOC" or "LOC On" should disappear from the display.

Customer:

I pressed the cleaan button and held --then said to press start just like I was cleaning the oven ---innstead I presseed the off button and now it continues to flash loc but the time isn't fflashing. the oven dor is locked. I wonder if I have no option but to let the self cleaan operate

gst85 :

before you do that try what i have posted first.

Customer:

I don't have seperate button -- have word control lockout on the number pad between the numbers 45 and the row 9 and 0. Understand what I mean?

gst85 :

this is a common problem that you have try press and hold the 9 and 0 buttons simultaneously until LOC disappears

gst85 :

this will just have to clear the error.

Customer:

I tried --came up witth Loc On in red letters ---held for total of about 2 1/2 minutes --diidn't cancel. Loc still flashing and can hear clicking noise as if trying to do something.

Customer:

should I try again?--had triied this at beginning before I contacteed you

gst85 :

hold the 9 and 0 at the same time.

Customer:

I am holding at same time

gst85 :

try this one more time.

Customer:

stronger fingered husband pressed 9 and 0 at same time - came up LOC off in red onn right side of dissplay --released and still is flashing locked --

gst85 :

so the door is now open?

Customer:

dorr is still locked

gst85 :

ok so it seems that your door latch mechanism is just bad.that is what you are hearing.

Customer:

sounds like we need to call a service person --is that right? -- nothiing else we can try

gst85 :

first try running it thru the self cleaning cycle.if it continues to show the LOC then your door latch control is just bad.

Customer:

ok will try ---thanks have tried pressing start (to start self clean) and nothing happens

gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
gst85
gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician