The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Miele G841,,,,,,,appears entire bottom of door has fallen out

Miele G841,,,,,,,appears entire bottom of door has fallen out where door can no longer be opened.....how is this supported???.....I cant see what holds all of this in

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

I have the information you need. Please give me a bit to get it all compiled for you.

Thank you.

Ok. Please click here to download the service manual for your unit. Click on "start timer" to the upper left. Wait for the timer to run down and you will see a link or the download will start automatically.

You will have to remove the unit from under the counter top. Once it is out go to page 56 to start with and remove the side panel. Then go to page 67 and the door hinge repair information is there.

You probably just lost a screw or somerthing that holds the hinge in place.

Whatever it is I am here if you have any follow up questions.

Thank you for trusting me with your problems.

Please select a POSITIVE RATING (Ok Service or better) and a bonus is appreciated. This is how your professional receives credit for their time. If for any reason the rating box is not visible, or you are unable to enter a rating, please let your professional know.

This is ment to be a running dialogue, and for this reason it is very IMPORTANT that you reply using the CONTINUE CONVERSATION tab if more information is needed at any time BEFORE rating.

Please remember to ONLY rate an answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to rate Poor or Bad Service, please STOP and reply to your professional via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION tab with the issue you have. They will be happy to continue further and do everything they can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was probably unclear .......there is a large appears to be rubber piece that has fallen out of the bottom of the door itself.....the door is still attached but i dont see anything to hold all of this in place....thanks

It is just a plug for the bottom of the door. Nothing critical but it does keep bugs and other things out of the door.

Go to your local auto supply house and get a tube of 3M weather strip adhesive. Apply a thin coat to both surfaces and let it dry. Press the plug back into place and you are good to go.