Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

a feather pillow ripped open in our front loading washing machine.

a feather pillow ripped open in our front loading washing machine. Now the machine won't drain. can you help troubleshoot?

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the units model number, please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Kenmore front loader model # XXXXX
I am sorry, but I do not have access to Canadian model information. I will opt out and another expert can assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, thanks
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay event hough you have a Canadian model we can still work through this. Below your washer door is there a panel the width of the washer and about 2 feet high?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. We have a newer model. Seems like only access is from the rear.
Okay, well on the front do you have like a little door about 3" by 3"? It will be on the bottom right or bottom left.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No little door. would it help if we sent a photo?
Yes, if you don't mind a photo would help alot.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did you receive the photo?
No go ahead and copy and paste the photo to this reply box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay, I still didn't get it but we can work around that. You need to get access to the drain pump because it has become clogged with the feathers. If it gets clogged it will not drain and if the washer can't drain it will not go into the spin mode. So again in short you need to unclog the drain pump to correct your problem. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.