Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

WE have a Kenmore "Coldspot" refrigerator with top freezer.

WE have a Kenmore "Coldspot" refrigerator with top freezer. We have been finding water on the top and second left hand shelves in the refrigerator. We have tried leveling the unit, and also lowering the temp in both the freezer and frig, but still have water.
The only time we do not have the water is if we turn off the ice maker.
Any ideas?
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
70192001
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Larry is offline and we would like to get an answer quickly.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Hi, the issue your having is a defrost drain issue, when the refrigerator goes into its defrost cycle the water is supposed to drain into an pan under the refrigerator. Your drain is frozen. its a common problem,take all the food out of the freezer and remove the back panel behind where the food was, you will then see silver coils, in the very center under the coils you will see ice, boil some water and pour it over the ice until it all melts and it drains freely. this will take care of your issue. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
do you still wish my help?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WE are still working on the problem. It was not an easy thing to take the back panel off the freezer. Now we are waiting to see if the drain is cleared, but have to wait for it to thaw, then put the icemaker, the freezer light and the back panel back on. It may be tomorrow morning, but we seem to be making progress. Hope so and thanks for the help. We are just concerned about the reason this happened. We have had the unit for about 12 years and no problems before.
okay let me know. this is just one of those things that happens in these , just make sure its clear all the way. in other words make sure the water drains freely before putting it back together.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.