Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Sears Kemore side by side refrigerator (Model Number

253.55693402) and the automatic ice...
I have a Sears Kemore side by side refrigerator (Model Number 253.55693402) and the automatic ice maker doesn't always dump the ice in the ice bin. It has hjad this problem off and on for some time. I just replaced the water filter today, but I'm noty sure that it is going to dump the ice cubes when there ready. Any ideas?
7/15/2012
Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay,when it doesn't dump ice does the ice just stay in the icemaker?
Yes and I have to heat it with a heat gun to break it loose and make it dump the cubes
Okay, when you heat it with the gun, you heat the bottom of the icemaker and the "fingers" automatically turn and then the ice drops?
No, I just melt it enough for me to move the 'fingers" and dump the cubes or it will freeze up and not move
Okay, I know this sounds obvious but you have an intermittent fault. This fault is with the icemaker itself. When it is time to drop the ice, the fingers should start to turn and at the same time the heater under the icemaker comes on to loosen the cubes so that by the time the fingers get down there they push the ice out. Then after the fingers have dumped the ice and are clear the water valve comes on to fill the icemaker again. So, in short your icemaker is not working correctly. You replace the icemaker and your problem will be resolved. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Randy
Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician