Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

A few months ago the water side would not work; it would run

A few months ago the water side would not work; it would run on the floor. We haven't pursued it as we couldn't afford to. Now the ice make simply stopped making ice. My husband checked the back of frige to make sure the water line was not hindered by space or somthing like that. We're more concerned about the ice maker...
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you know if the ice maker is cycling ? (turning)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not that we know of...no sound; just silent and not ice
okay let me make sure I understand, the ice maker itself is not making ice correct ? your not talking about ice comming out the door when you try to get us correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes; just not making it...like its dead.... we a bag of ice in yesterday and it comes out like normal. Could it be age; tho it worked good the day before.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, would it be better if we had a phone converstaion? You could call collect and talk to my husband.....
okay sorry we are extremely busy today, I cant call you its against policy. at any rate if the ice maker isn't moving at all it has failed, I cant even bring up the ice maker. i have tried all my suppliers and none show it. this is and older refrigerator so you would need to contact G.E. to get a part # XXXXX go on. sorry. Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I viewed it and thot it was all over. I guess there is nothing we can do. So let me know what to do next in reference to the $30.00... Thank you for your time.
do you still need help ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Did you get my reply....

yes, I'm not sure I understand. were you able to replace the ice maker ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We're working on it. Thanks
okay let me know. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan