Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Sharp Microwave oven purchased in 2001, model #R-1481.

I have a Sharp Microwave oven purchased in 2001, model #R-1481. The latches on the door won't catch on the microwave oven anymore because the springyness is gone. How do you disassemble the door to install a new latchy assembly? I can't even get the door off the hinges. Mark XXX-XXX-XXXX

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

you need to remove the inner choke on the door to get to the spring assembly. the choke is # XXXXX on this diagram. this is snapped on and you will have to work a putty knife around it and unsnap the choke. heres a video on how to get a microwave door apart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQe9DE3FS20 hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan