Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a WED5820SWO Dryer. It runs but does not heat. I bypassed

the thermal fuse and still...
Have a WED5820SWO Dryer. It runs but does not heat. I bypassed the thermal fuse and still not heat. What can I try next
7/8/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Have you checked the heating element for continuity ?

no how do I find that
pull the dryer away from the wall and remove the back panel. its part # XXXXX on this diagram.
Ok i checked continuity and it is good
okay on the side of the heater can there is a thermostat at the top, the one on the left side in this picture.check it for continuity. make sure you remove one wire from it before testing it, I should have told you that on the heater too so if you didn't do it again with at least one wire off.
ok the top thermostat I removed both wires and had NO continuity. When I checked the coil on the bottom I also removed both wires
okay thats your problem. if you bypass that it will heat but please replace the thermostat its a safety. you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Cut-Out-Fuse-Kit/279816/2651?modelNumber=WED5820SW0?RCAID=1000065 it comes with both, replace them both, good job! the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX ordered the part and gave you 4 smiles. Have a great day

thanks so much. you have a great Sunday evening, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician