Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

where is the thermal fuse located on model # XXXXX

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

If you replaced the ice maker the thermal cutoff is inside the ice maker and came new with the new ice maker.

If you gently but steadily lift on the fingers that rotate to scoop the ice out of the ice maker mold will the ice maker reach a point where it rotates without assistance?

Barry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you know the temp in the freezer? do you have a thermometer to put in it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
temp is at its coldest. I dont have a thermometer to put in.
alright, well you say its at its coldest but you don't know the temp. the reason the temp is so important is it has to be below 8 degrees for the ice maker to cycle. Barry is right the thermostat is in the new ice maker. can you get a thermometer to put in the freezer ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
located one putting in freezer
okay give it about 20 minutes with the door shut . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its been 20 mins and the temp is 8 degrees
okay, the temp looks good. what you need to do is pull the front cover off the ice maker.the white cover. do you have a piece of wire about 4 inches long you can strip off about 1 inch on each end ? I need you to jump the ice maker to start a cycle. do you think you can if I tell you how ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
okay pull the cover off the front and you will see this, the holes marked T & H take the wire and stick it in the two holes. the ice maker will start a cycle, hold the wire in for about 5 seconds after its start cycling then pull it out, let it go around and see if it puts water in. (be careful not to touch any of the bare part of the wire) let me know. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay cycle went around no water was put in
okay perfect ! this tells you the ice maker is fine and most likely your old one was. the problem is the fill valve. its not opening to put water in. this is located on the back of the refrigerator where your water line connects. you need to order and replace the valve. heres a link to the valve. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/5303917098/347 before you order it check and make sure theres no ice blockage in the fill tube in the back of the freezer where the water drops into the ice maker. if its clear replace the valve. good job ! thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.