Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My new maytag dryer is not drying my clothes

7/7/2012
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized maytag and whirlpool service tech and I can help you today.
Jon Grella : What is the full model number found just behind the door on the front frame of the machine?
Jon Grella : If the machine is running but not getting hot then we need to look at the thermostats and fuses. But if the machine does heat and just takes very long to dry the clothes here is what I want you to do.
Jon Grella : Remove the vent hose from the back of the dryer. Then run the machine in a timed dry on high heat. Let it run for a couple of minutes then put your hand in the back of the dryer where the vent would be and deal how hot the air is coming out of the machine.
Jon Grella : If there is no heat or air at all coming out of the dryer but it is running then you have a clog in the blower assembly that would need to be removed.
Jon Grella : If you do have hot air coming out then we know the fuses and thermostats are ok. And the most likely have a clog in your house venting. And that would need to be cleaned out professionally.
Jon Grella : Most often there is a good clog somewhere in the house venting causing the bot air that would normally get loan out of the machine through the venting and then out of the house is being sent back into the machine. And the fuses and thermostats are cutting the heat off as a safety precaution. In efforts to not have a dryer fire.
Jon Grella : Los remove the venting from the machine and let it run. Let it run this time with a load of wet clothes and see how it dres. If it dries no problem then yu know for sure the venting is clogged and needs to be cleaned out to fix your problem.
Jon Grella : Get back to me here if you have any more questions or concerns and I will help you more. But if you feel that I have answered your question please remember to rate my performance below by rating at least a got the job done or better rating so that I can get credit for helping you. And if you still have questions please just get back to me here and I will help you more.
Jon Grella : Thanks
Customer:

I have removed the vent hose but no air is coming out. The dryer is hot. Model # XXXXX

Jon Grella : Great.
Jon Grella : Thank you for the model
Jon Grella : When the machine is on and is heating do you hear the drum rotating or no? If you do and open the drum to check and see it come to stop th
Jon Grella : And still don't have any air flow out of the dryer then the blower is clogged. The blows is what blows the hot air out of the dryer. And if that is clogged the machine will get hot to the point where it is unsafe then just shut the heat down. That is why it takes so long to dry the clothes.
Jon Grella : Ok
Jon Grella : On your model it is very common for the blower wheel pulley to come loose. And if th blower wheel pulley comes loose the belt that normally turns the blower wheel comes loose the blower will not turn and thus not blow the hot air out for he machine.
Jon Grella : I advise checking the blower wheel pulley first.
Jon Grella : To check the blower you need to pull the front cabinet and panel off.
Jon Grella : There are two retention clips in between the top and front panels that hold the top panel on this machine. Take a thin putty knif and wedge it in between the top and front panels about four inches in from either side of the front and top panels. Wiggle the putty knife from side to side until you feel it catch on the clip. That is just to find the placement of the clip. Then push I'm on the clip with the putty knife and pull up on the top panel. The clips will release allowing you to,hinge the top panel towards the back of the machine..
Jon Grella : Once the top panel is hinged or tilted back you then can remove the plug from the wall. Then disconnect the door switch plug. Then unscrew the front panel by unscrewing the 5/16 inch nuts that hold the front panel on. Those screws are located on the inside of the front panel near the top. And to the right and left side of the door. Remove those screws and just pull up and out on the front panel and It should come off.
Jon Grella : Once the front panel I off you can now see the blower wheel and nut under the drum. So bend down and look to see if the belt that goes around the center of the top of the blower wheel and to the rigt on the motor has come off. You will usually see the belt just laying there
Jon Grella : If you do try to find the pulley nut for the blower and rescues it back on to the shaft in the center of the blower wheel. Then reattach the belt. Then try the machine. You should notice the air coming out of the machine now.
Jon Grella : If you do just close everything back up and let it run normally. If this happens again in the future the blower wheel pulley nut will need to be replaced. It is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand should cost about $10. And can be ordered from either www.searspartsdirect.com or www.marcone.com
Jon Grella : Again, if you feel that I have helped to answer your question please remember to rate my performance below with better then a got,the job done ratimg so that I can get credit for helping you today. If you feel that you still need more help and that I don't deserve the rating, please don't leave a negative rating. Just hit the reply button and respond back to me here and I will help you more. Until you are completely satisfied.
Jon Grella : Thanks.
Customer:
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician