Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

bottom section cooling and top section is not

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.
First look in the freezer (even though it may be warm) at the rear inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Check to see that the freezer fan is blowing steady air out of the vent in the freezer, is it?

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model GSH25JFRFWW

Freezer is working refri is not cooling properly
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
,Model  GSH25JFRFWW

Freezer is working  refri is not cooling properly
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX thing to do when looking for a cooling problem is to look for an airflow problem between the refrigerator side and the freezer side when one is cooling and the other is not.

First look in the freezer at the rear inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere on the lower rear wall? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is blowing air into the freezer

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon. Barry has opted out I will try to help you. your issue is with the damper control. this is what opens and closes to cool the refrigerator section. I will be back in a few minutes with a link to the part and a video on how to replace it. thanks Bryan

here is a link where you can order the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Damper/WR09X10050/879153?modelNumber=GSH25JFRFWW#repairHelpVideoTabs?RCAID=1000065 if you order this at that link you have a full year warranty and a 100% money back guaranty even if you install it and it didn't fix your issue. although in your case I know it will. this job is not difficult and you can do it yourself with the help video . Smile. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.