Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, I am having issues with my new Electrolux convection

Hello, I am having issues with my new Electrolux convection double wall oven. Upper oven has only been used 4 times, lower is brand new. It seems power is getting to the oven as indicated by all the lights coming on, and all controls working, however neither oven will heat on any cooking setting (bake broil etc.). When attempting to heat the oven using any setting like bake, broil, convection bake etc., I set the temperature but the oven always defaults back to 100 degree pre-heat and never moves from there. After it defaults to 100 degrees pre-heat the oven will not do anything. No preheating of any kind. What can be wrong with it as it worked fine the 4 times prior? Also what can I do to repair this and will the oven need to be removed from the wall in order to repair or can repairs be done on the control panel?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, model # XXXXX XXXXX

Okay perfect. the first thing to do is make sure your getting 220 volts to the oven. this requires a volt meter. if your getting 220 then you will need to reset the thermal fuse in this. you do that by pressing the red button on the top of the thermostat. these are usually on the back of the oven however. part # XXXXX on this diagram. check on the roof of the oven before pull the oven out to make sure its not on the roof, (behind the control panel)