Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

on model ME272, got fault E118, could not turn off the oven,

Customer Question
had to trip the circuit...
on model ME272, got fault E118, could not turn off the oven, had to trip the circuit breaker.Can you tell me what happened and what to do now?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/4/2012
Appliance Technician: Appliance-Service, Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Appliance-Service
Appliance-Service, Appliance Technician
Hello
Thank you for using Just Answer
Below is what Thermador states as the possible issues
If you have any questions let me know. This may require you to get a thermador authorized servicer to perform though.
I tell you I can't even turn the oven off and you tell me to check out the wiring or Hall sensor??? Are you kidding?
Well this is not your fault, this is a control or cooling fan issue. Until those things are checked this issue may continue. I was not trying to make it difficult. I was just showing you that Thermador had an issue with this same problem on your model. You are not alone. Some questions on here are harder than other to explain. I would contact thermador for an authorized service if you dont feel comfortable checking those things listed.
The phone # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNif you need it.
If you have other questions just let me know, also please give a positive feedback rating. Thank you
I did reply. The "expert" apparently quit on me. I needed to know how to shut down the hot oven, not to be told to call for service or open the rear of the hot oven to check wiring, etc....
I did not quit on you, I said if you have other questions just let me know, with the control messing up you will not be able to turn the power off to the oven with out flipping the breaker. I provided you with all the info on your problem, this one just is tougher than normal for the consumer to handle without technical help. I feel you are frustrated at the product and not me personally. If you could change your rating to ok service or better I believe that would be more fitting and would appreciate it. By you seeing what I provided you can see the issue is with Thermador, they had an issue on your model. Also when you have them out show them the print out of what I gave you, odds are they can give you a concession for the repair to fix the problem at no charge.
It looked like you did quit on me because you did not respond for some 11 hours! I corrected the oven problem myself. The issue was much, much simpler than what you suggested. It wasn't a "control messing up" and did not require rewiring or a new sensor. I would tell you what I did to fix the problem -- but then I would have to charge YOU $30... As it is, I am willing to upgrade your rating from "bad service" to "poor service" but not higher, as your response was useless to me.
WELL SINCE THERMADOR TOLD ME THIS WAS YOUR PROBLEM. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. ALSO IF YOU WANT CHANGE THE RATING ANY THING YOU CAN DO WOULD BE GREAT. AGAIN I CAN ONLY TELL YOU WHAT THE MANUFACTURES SUGGEST. THANKS
just checking to see how things were going.