SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Hi, I have an Axxis washer and I need to clear the pump, but

Hi, I have an Axxis washer and I need to clear the pump, but I cannot unscrew the cap to access the pump, it is blocked and I do not want to force it as I might break up something... Any solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 5 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. You can try and remove the front panel, remove the pump intact and reach trough the hose connection to try and clear the debris. Otherwise if the pump cover stays jammed, you will need a new pump. Let me know if you would like instructions on panel/pump removal. It is a semi technical job some some mechanical aptitude is required.

Customer:

Hello, do you have any idea as to what is blocking the cap? I tried very hard to unscrew it anti-clockwise, but it doesn't move an inch!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

a bobby pin or underwire from bra, something in that shape.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

you could try and force it with a pair of pliers, you may break the pin before the cover bbut you may also break the cap.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Geting to the back of the pump is the safe way, but removing the front is a pain.

Customer:

I see, you're probably right there. If a bobby pin or underwire from bra blocks the cap of the pump, this latter is probably in bad shape don't you think?

Customer:

If this is the case I'll most probably ask for a professional to help me because I do not think I'll be able to replace it on my own!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

it may be salvageable, there is a lot of diffreent ways it can get jammed, some wouldn't be an issue.

Customer:

So your suggestion is to access the pump from the back to see what is going on?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

A pro would know the correct amount of force to use so as not to break it. It would be a lot easier for them to take off the front panel if needed.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

safest way is from the back in this case, the hose it pretty big so you have good access.

Customer:

I see - let me go back home and see what I can do - you might hear back from me pretty soon! Thanks

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know, I'll be online most of the night and will check frequently if not online.