MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I HAVE A SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE/FREEZER MODEL #ED5HHAXV002. THE

I HAVE A SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE/FREEZER MODEL #ED5HHAXV002. THE CHUTE WHERE THE ICE DROPS DOWN GOT CLOGGED UP AND I CLEANED IT OUT AND IN THE PROCESS A DOUBLE SPRING DROPPED DOWN AND NOW THE FLAPPER ON THE ICE CHUTE DOESN'T WORK. I CAN'T SEE WHERE THAT SPRING GOES. PLEASE ADVISE.
THANKS
ED
That spring fits into a metal pin on which that ice door flapper pivots. The spring holds the flapper door closed and makes the ice paddle return to its normal position.The pin must have either shifted or a piece of plastic that it fits to has cracked off in this case. The only way to see what is going on is to look at this closely and only then can I know what you need to do.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THANK YOU, XXXXX XXXXX SEE A STEEL PIN FLOATING AROUND ABOVE THE FLAP. HOW DO I GET THE FRONT PLATE OFF SO I CAN SEE WHAT IS GOING ON IN THERE. I SEE A COUPLE OF SCREWS UP IN THERE HOLDING THE CHUTE AND WATER SPICKET IN THERE BUT I NEED TO GET THE FACE PLATE OFF. IT LOOKS LIKE IF I COULD GET THE SCREW OFF THAT HOLDS THE CHUTE I COULD MAYBE FIGURE OUT WHERE THAT SPRING GOES.

You will see two slots at the very bottom of the dispenser face frame. Pry there with a screwdriver and the whole front will pop off as it snaps on. You will easily see what else to take apart once that is done.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I GOT THE FRONT PANEL OFF AND SAW THE PROBLEM. ONE SIDE OF THE PLASTIC BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE PIN THE SPRING GOES ON WAS BROKEN OFF. IN ORDER TO FIX IT I WILL HAVE TO ORDER A COMPLETE FRONT PANEL. THE CHUTE HAD SOME ICE LODGED IN IT AND IT TOOK A KITCHEN KNIFE AND WAS TRYING TO CLEAN IT OUT AND MUST HAVE BROKEN OFF THE LITTLE TAB THAT HELD ONE SIDE OF THE PIN. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I AM GOING TO LET IT GO AND WILL JUST HAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR TO GET SOME ICE. ICE MAKER STILL WORKS JUST CAN'T GET IT OUT OF THE CHUTE WITHOUT IT GOING EVERYWHERE.