Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

my ge cafe microwave which is 2 years old stopped working the

my ge cafe microwave which is 2 years old stopped working the clock works the panel lights up but does not respond when you touch it
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. So, no push buttons work at all? Do you happen to have a model number of the microwave?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
MY MODEL NUMBER IS XXXXX
Okay, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX buttons work at all? You just have a display but no response correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no no buttons are responding to touch
Okay, let's try one thing, go ahead and unplug the microwave for 3 minutes and see if it will reset.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
already tried that
Last question, when you press any button on the keypad, I know there is no response but do any of them beep at least?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, No beeping. The only part that is lit up is the clock which keeps perfect time.
Now.last question and this time I am positive, if you unplug the microwave can you reset the time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes

Okay, your problem is what they call the "smart board". It has gone stupid for whatever reason. This is the board that receives inputs and tell the microwave what buttons you have pressed. replace tis board and you will be good to go. I am sending you a link and the smart board is #13 on the diagram. I am also sending you a picture of what the board looks like. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Microwave-Parts/Model-CVM2072SM1SS/0432/0123370/G0710002/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=CVM2072SM1SS

Control Board WB27X10900      Main Product View

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So the board is $176?? That is expensive. If i order it is it something i will be able to install myself? I would hate to spenf that kind of money if it could be something else
Sorry about the delay and yes you can install yourself. It is held in by just a couple of screws.

You will have to take the front vent cover off by removing the screws in the top front of the microwave. Then drop the control panel by removing the screw that holds it to the microwave. Once that is done you will see the board to replace.