Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

whirlpool side by side refrigerator with brand new defrost

Customer Question

whirlpool side by side refrigerator with brand new defrost timer goes into defrost mode but still freezes up creating frost inside the freezer and stop cooling in refrigerator ofter a couple of days. ( Not equipt with defrost heater) what could be the cause?

Thanks Bryon
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ed25rfxfn01
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay great. since you replaced the timer we know thats not it. theres only two other parts that will cause this, 1 the defrost heater is bad. (which is rare on these) or 2 the defrost thermostat is bad, both of these are located behind the panel inside the freezer behind the food. if you click this link it will take you to a video one how to test the heater. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Heater-Assembly/2323198/1408375?modelNumber=ED25RFXFN01?RCAID=1000065 if the heater is good replace the defrost thermostat. heres the link to order that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Thermostat/2321799/1399517?modelNumber=ED25RFXFN01?RCAID=1000065 thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can do for you today just let me know. You can continue asking questions as you like even after you rate me. theres no additional cost to you. thanks and have a great day, Bryan