Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my GE range turns on but the burners do not heat.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do none of the burners heat? The cooktop burners? Bake? Broil?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. The stove top light comes on but the burners do not get hot. Nothing
OK then your range is only getting 120 volts, not 240. You'll need to pull your oven forward and remove the small access panel where the power cord connects to the back of your oven. Test power between the two outside terminals on the terminal block. You should have 240 volts. If not, then you know the problem is with your power cord or plug in receptacle, possibly the breaker box on your house. But if you do get 240 volts, remove the entire back panel on the oven and look for a brok wire around the terminal block somewhere because one of the wires has shorted.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.