DTech80
DTech80, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  3rd generation tech/owner. 12+ years of in home appliance repair service experience, over 15,000 repairs completed. Regular contributor of articles on appliance service to Marcone World Magazine.
68324021

I have a Jen Air Stainless Brbeque that was bought for use

Customer Question

I have a Jen Air Stainless Brbeque that was bought for use with natural gas. I am moving to an area where propane is the souce not natural gas, and I need to know if there is a kit with regulator that I can purchase to fit this unit. The model number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Thank you XXXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  DTech80 replied 5 years ago.

DTech80 :

Hello, I'm David. I'll be helping you solve your problem. That model number isn't coming up in any parts databases. Often BBQs are manufactured by one company and sold under the brand of another, so it can difficult to locate parts for them. Your best bet will be to call JennAir directly at 800-536-62 47. Give them the model number and they will able to locate what you need.

Customer :
Customer :

Already done that prior to asking the experts. Jen Air does not have any part availalble to switch from one fuel source or the other. The units that are sold by Home Depot and Lowes that carry the Jen Air moniker are not made by Jen air and the service tech that I spoke to did not seem to care and was no assistance at all. What I was hoping for in asking the question was to have answer from a barbeque specialist. No offense but your answer was not what I had hoped for.

Tim