Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I need to change the water filter in our side-by-side built-in

freezer. Where is it...
I need to change the water filter in our side-by-side built-in freezer. Where is it located? Also, The freezer is not producing ice. Vacation is off. Any suggestions?
7/1/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number so we can better assist you ?

It's a single column upright. How about 118 VOL T8?
By the way, we found where the filter goes. Now our problem is we're not getting ice.
okay that model number isn't correct. try looking inside on the walls or ceiling, also if this has a grill along the top try behind it. along the bottom near the grill also.
We found the filter changer. Just need to know what to do about no ice? T18ID80NLP/15 FD8805
okay that looks like the model number , give me a few minutes to look this over, thanks Bryan
do you know the temp in the freezer ? did this stop making ice before you changed the filter ?
It stopped making ice before we changed the filter. It is -1F
okay,whats happened is the water inlet valve has failed, this happens when fine particles get into the valve and gum it up, Luckily this valve is inexpensive to replace. you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/THERMADOR-Parts/Freezer-Parts/607799/0046/630/Model- T18ID80NLP15/1085/0142000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=50039332&diagramPageId=00004&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=T18ID80NLP15&subCompDesc=Compressor&brandDesc=THERMADOR&modelDesc=BUILT-IN-FREEZER-COLUMN&blt=11&shdMod= for $16.49 heres a diagram. its part # XXXXX , thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician