Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

mY WASHER WILL NOT TURN ON. IT IS AND ECOSYSTEM AND IS 9 YEARS

OLD. i HAVE CHECKED ALL...
mY WASHER WILL NOT TURN ON. IT IS AND ECOSYSTEM AND IS 9 YEARS OLD. i HAVE CHECKED ALL OF THE CONNECTIONS, BREAKERS, AND OPENED THE TOP AND EVERYTHING APPEARS TO BE CONNECTED. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
6/27/2012
SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Do you have the model number located on the back of the control panel? Thanks

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

There are some things to check regardless of model. have you tried something else in the machines outlet to verify it's okay? Are there any lights or signs of power at all? Do you have a multimeter or voltage pen?

Customer:

the model number is XXXXX No. no sisgns of power at all

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks. This unit has had an issue with the drain pump blowing out the control board. Do you have a meter to check for that?

Customer:

no

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

So you could also visually inspect the board and you should be able to see/smell any signs of a pump short. It's the large main maroon or grey board below the display panel. YOu could remove it and open it.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

also you could tip the machine back and look at the drain pump under neath in the right front for any signs of a small leak that may have shorted it out.

Customer:

ok doing it now

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

OK

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

With a voltmeter we could tell a little faster but even without checking the odds are very high that the main board is bad if it's pulled into a good outlet and totally dead.

Customer:

i looked underneath and it looks ok

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The pump may be ok, the only way to know for sure is with the meter, If you have verified power coming in then you need a board either way. Make sure you have the pump tested before putting in a new board or you may have a big problem. If you would like I'll look up the correct part number for the board.

Customer:

thank you , that would be great. I am not sure that I could figure out how to replace it

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

It's really easy. One screw in the front. Make sure you take a picture first so you have a reference for the wires and that's it. Looking it up right now.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry, the F&P website is really slow, just a few more moments.

Customer:

ok thanks

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

420094usp

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'll find a price also.

Customer:

thank you again

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

HERE

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The red thing in the front of the picture is a new fuse so pump don't kill boards. It comes with iinstructions.

Customer:

ok i will order one and try it. do I still need to replace the board

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You need the board if you verified the outlet is good. Before you put in the board you will need someone to do a easy ohm check on the pump to make sure that it isn't the cause of the board failure. It looks ok but the only way to verify is to test with a voltmeter.

Customer:

ok i will find someone to do that for me. will that mean that the pump will have to be replaced

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If it checks out ok, then no need to replace. If the test shows that it is shorted then you will need to replce it.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

420325p is that part number

Customer:

ok thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Glad to help.

SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert