SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

The inside of my kenmore elite electric oven has the enamel

The inside of my kenmore elite electric oven has the enamel scratched off on most of the bottom of the oven. Can it be replaced or fixed?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Is there any rusting on the metal surface?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Also does this model have the element underneath (hidden) or on top of the bottom?

Customer:

No rusting. It is a convection oven. Heating element on top.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The element could be removed, the bottom sanded clean and painted with a high temp enamel paint but it wouldn't last forever and would be as good as the person doing it. Some ovens you can replace the cell itself. Do you have the model number?

Customer:

Forgot it is self cleaning. Just bought the house. Model number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNNoff of the manual.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The liner can be replaced on this, it costs 140$ at sears.com and would cost about 300 or so in labor depending on the service company.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Here is the link to the part.

Customer:

What type of company does this kind of work? Is it safe to use until I get it fixed?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Safe to use, the only thing that can happen is the liner can rust, an appliance repair company would be the only person to have replace this. It's a big job.

Customer:

Thank you so much for all your help!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Glad to be of service. please make sure an leave feedback, and let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!