SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a 4 burner drop in DCS gas cook top. The igniters keep

I have a 4 burner drop in DCS gas cook top. The igniters keep firing even after the gas is burning. Sometimes it fires on burners that are off.

Are there ajustments I can make?

Thanks,
Blake

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. The first thing to do is dissemble the top of each burner and clean everything with a wire brush and make sure all the small holes are clear. There is a large nut on the top of each burner. Remove and clean the ring below it. After reassembly test each burner one at at time to find which one is still clicking if any.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If any are still troublesome you can disassemble that burner further and replace the sparker but most of the time the wire brush, paper clip are sufficient.

Customer:

Thanks,

Customer:

I will try this, however this is a brand new unit just installed.

Customer:

Blake

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Brand new. Can you check and tell me which burners, one at a time spark when on?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

It its new it may be a fault of the spark module. I'm sure we can test for that. Also being new, you may be able to get the dealer swap it out under warranty.

Customer:

Going from top left to right #1 and #2 seem fine #3 the bigger one clicks after burning and # XXXXX does some times. #4 was the one clicking when off and #3 was burning.

Customer:

Should I call my dealer to inspect?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry for the delay. I would check that all the caps are the correct size and fitted correctly. Otherwise I would contact the dealer for replacement because there is no need for a big repair on a new unit. Sorry again, I had internet troubles. Let me know if I can assist further. Thanks, Sam.

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX call the dealer

Customer:

Blake