Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I Have A Lg Lmx25984st, And The Ice Maker No Longer Works.

I bought a new ice...
I Have A Lg Lmx25984st, And The Ice Maker No Longer Works. I bought a new ice maker and it does not work either. Water does dispense from the exterior door. No water is entering the ice maker.
6/16/2012
SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this.Have you tested the water valve located on the back of the machine?

Customer:

No. What does that look like?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

in the back has hoses and wires going to it.

Customer:

In the back of the ice maker or the back of the refrigerator

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If you pull the unit out and check near the compressor area you will see the water valve. The hose from the house connects directly to it. It will have two or three sets of wires going to it. Do you have a voltmeter?

Customer:

No voltmeter. Do I have to take the lower rear panel off?

Customer:

I have the panel off now. Can see the wires going to the water valve.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Yes you will need to remove the panel. A voltmeter will allow you to verify that the valve is bad. If you have replaced the ice maker the only other thing would be the valve or wires between the two. The valve is HERE if you want to order it and just put it in.

Customer:

So I wonder now if the original ice maker was bad. I guess the only way to know is to order the valve then reinstall the old ice maker and see if it works??

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

That would be the only way to test without a meter.

Customer:

Anything else?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I bet it was fine, I see about 90% valve 10% ice maker failures on these units.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Not from my end. Can i help further?

Customer:

Thanks. Very helpful.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Glad to be of service. Good luck!

SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert