Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool calypso washer model GVW9959KQ2 and it wont

I have a whirlpool calypso washer model GVW9959KQ2 and it won't power up. I have checked the incoming power supply and it is good 122 volts. I have checked incoming and outgoing power at the electrical line filter and power is good. I have 122 volts at terminals 2 and 4 on plug p16 and that is as far as the troubleshooting guide takes me. I purchased and installed a new control board and plugged the unit in and it still will not power up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the control wont respond ? is this what you replaced ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, this is the board I replaced
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay. you get no response from the control when you press a button ? no beep or anything from the keys ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
correct, there is nothing
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay well the only thing between the main control (what you replaced) is the user interface.this is the problem. did someone tell you to replace the control board ? how did you come to that conclusion ? unfortunately the Touch pad and Control Panel (interface) is most likely the cause.do you want a link to that part ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The troubleshooting guide is what I have been working from. It never mentions the touch pad interface. Yes, I would like the link please
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay. so you went by the troubleshooting guide and it said the control board was bad ?anyway. heres the link to the interface. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/8563809/1180339?modelNumber=GVW9959KQ2 let me know what you did for troubleshooting . thanks Bryan