Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Fridgidaire Classic Series Electric Self Cleaning

Customer Question
Stove. The oven and the...
I have a Fridgidaire Classic Series Electric Self Cleaning Stove. The oven and the electronic control panel do not work, The burners on the oven surface and the oven light all work. What do I need to do to get oven and control panel working again?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get me the full model # ? is the control completely blank ?

model information if have is ES200/300 Controls, self cleaning oven with ceramic cook top. Am not at location this not access to SN.

Control Panel is completely blank, not reponding to any commands.

okay thats not the correct model number unfortunately. when do you think you will be back at the range ?

Not until later today. I'm guessing that the problem is somekind of fuse that controls the oven and control panel functions of the range because other elements of the stove are till working, i.e. its got electricity. There is what appears to be a removable plug-in fuse and I'm wondering if this got blown in a recent power surge that came with a big storm here in the last week.

most likely its either a safety fuse or the control itself has been damaged by the surge, these are very sensitive to power surges. if you get me the model later I will take a look for a safety in this. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
I'm going to provide sn later to
okay I'll watch for your reply , thanks Bryan
Model # FEF336CCB
theres no thermal fuse in this oven. what you need to do is check the power at L1 on the control to ground and you should get 120 volts. if you do and the clock isn't lighting up then the clock/control has failed, this is available at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/316455400/1194732?modelNumber=FEF336BCC
Diagnosis sounds plausible. I need to check voltage and will report back when I do.
okay let me know , If you need more helps I'll be here for you. thanks Bryan
There is power to the control unit. It looks much different than the one you provided. It's model number, XXXXXXXXX - Spitfire controls. I'd hate to order wrong part

Any insights?
Can you resend the model # again with a space in between each # ?it didn't come through. thanks Bryan
3 1 6 2 0 7 5 1 1
okay, this is the control for the number you gave me. does this look more like yours ? did you get that number of the control ? if so this is the one that comes up.
Yes. There is a cover panel with words that fits on the face of this but the buttons number the same and line up with the the control symbols on the cover plate. Do you have a link to this part?
yes I do. heres the link to that clock/control. cant figure out why the other one came up . sorry about that. anyway if you think I stuck with you and really helped please re rate my service if you think I helped you satisfactory

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
. thanks again and have a great weekend. Bryan

control
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician