Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag top loader Model #MVWC300VW1. The screen that

I have a Maytag top...
I have a Maytag top loader Model #MVWC300VW1. The screen that is inside the cold water valve needs to be cleaned because of stuff coming in from our well. My son removes it and cleans it and then puts it back in but we decided to call to get some more screens (just in case it should break) and was told that we can't get one. It was said that we had to buy the whole valve (cold water) for $79 to get the little plastic screen that is inside. I can't believe we have to spend that amount of money to get a little, plastic screen that probably costs $2. The screen is removable so I don't understand why we can't just get that part. Could you please let me know where I can get that plastic piece? This is so silly that a company would expect me to spend that amount of money just to get a little plastic piece with holes in it. Joyce
6/11/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Hi. Unfortunately they don't sell just then little plastic screens for these valves. what I suggest is getting either an in line water filter or get new fill hoses that have the screens in them so you can change them rather than the valve screens, i did find the valve for a lot less money (about half) $38.99 at the following link. valve if you ever do need to replace it. wish I had better news for you. the other thing you can try is take the screen to Lowe's and see if they can match up a filter screen that will fit. it doesn't matter if its the same its just a screen. some of the hose screens will fit. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician