Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an LG washer. the plastic hub just past the bolt that

Customer Question
holds in motor has stripped...
I have an LG washer. the plastic hub just past the bolt that holds in motor has stripped. Can i buy just the plastic hub Or must i purchace the whole motor.??
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2012
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Appliance Tech Care :

I will be glad to help you with your question today.
What is the model number?

Customer:

WM2301HR

Customer:

W M 2 3 0 1 H R Thank You.

Appliance Tech Care :

Look at this illustration and explain what you are refering to.

Appliance Tech Care :

Are you speaking of the big bolt that hold the round plastic rotor on the shaft?

Customer:

Did you get the answer. No parts available ?. thats what i got.

Customer:

Is there a number for tech support to ask this question to Sears.

Appliance Tech Care :

no i did not see that , but i did not look up anything yet. I need to understand what you mean?

Customer:

Yes,On the shaft of the Motor spindle.

Appliance Tech Care :

The shaft is not part of the motor. it is connected to the inner tub

Customer:

On the shaft of the metal mor spindle.

Appliance Tech Care :

if you broke the bolt off, you have a problem

Customer:

Im sorry. this plastic peice . Actually Is an inner insert on the motor. It has 10MM screws that hold it in.

Appliance Tech Care :

you will have to get an extractor and try to drill the broken end out of the shaft

Appliance Tech Care :

can you id the part off the drawing i linked to you?

Customer:

Sears manufactured a plastic inner insert that bolts at the center of the motor.

Customer:

I think sears wants to sell me the motor. Because i cannot find this plastic insert part sold seperately. It is 7 " in dia. or so.

Customer:

It might be a part number PBT-GF30K

Customer:

Sorry,This part is 4" in diameter.

Appliance Tech Care :

Let me link a service manual to you, then you can ID the part and maybe I can see what you mean. My guess is this a not a part you can buy but part of a larger part. How did you break it?

Appliance Tech Care :

I have to go to work,
I'll check back
If you have any other info for me.
I can't find that part number you gave me.

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician