Appliance-Service
Appliance-Service, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Certified Appliance Repair Technician. Parts Specialist.
61060637

I have a kenmore range, model C970 555821. I just turned the

I have a kenmore range, model C970 555821. I just turned the oven on to preheat and after a couple of minutes of being on there was a loud pop or bang, the heating element started to dim, and the display showed "F1" then "Door" then stopped. I unplugged the stove to look for fuses, but don't see where they are.
Lisa
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance-Service replied 5 years ago.

Appliance-Service :

Hello

Appliance-Service :

Thank you for using Just Answer

Appliance-Service :

The F1 code usually stands for a failed oven control.

Appliance-Service :

This would explain the pop and the elements going out.

Customer:

Yes, and what do you suggest by way of resolving my problem?

Appliance-Service :

You will have to order and replace the control to solve the problem. This requires getting into the console to replace the control. Is this something you want to do yourself or have a technician do for you ?

Customer:

I cannot do that myself. I guess I should have called a technician in the first place as they could bring the part with them and fix it all at once. I thought maybe there was something as simple as a fuse... well I guess I have learned my lesson for 58.00.

Appliance-Service :

I understand, not all cases work out this way. The number to call for service is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

thanks.

Appliance-Service :

If you felt I helped you today please click the Accept button and give a positive feedback rating. It cost you no additional money to do this. This is just how they rate our level of service.

Customer:

i feel one shouldn't have to really pay 58.00 to be told a part needs to be ordered and a technician called. How do I communicate that.

Appliance-Service :

I understand, if you call or email customer service they can take care of that for you. The Accept is not for the $ 58.00, it just if you feel I assisted you fairly and honestly and to your satisfaction.

Appliance-Service :

Do not accept if you do not feel a positive feedback rating is deserved.

Appliance-Service :

I would explain how to do the repair, but you felt the technician should handle this for you. If your not comfortable with electronics, that is the best way on this issue.