Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE dishwasher that came in a mobile home. It is skipping

I have a GE dishwasher that came in a mobile home. It is skipping the wash cycle. I am trying to figure out what part to order for it. The model number is XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What do you mean by "skipping" the wash cycle? Does the dishwasher just sit there for 15 minutes while the timer counts down? Or does the timer fill and then advance really quickly right into the drain and dry cycle and just bypass the wash cycle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It runs thru the cycle like it is washing, but it does not wash the dishes.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok does the dishwasher drain the water out still?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok so then that means that the pump and motor is still running. This model dishwasher actually uses the same pump to wash as it does to drain. The only difference is that a flap is engaged to either directly the water to recirculate or to drain.

Since the unit is draining, that means that the pump is working which unfortunately means that the contact inside your timer is failing and not sending power when it should be washing. You'll need to order and replace the timer to fix the issue and below is a link to the part inside the door of your dishwasher you need to order and replace to fix the issue. The part is about $150 so it's not a cheap fix.

CLICK HERE