Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GC5SHE and overnight, the drinking water tastes horrible-

Customer Question
filter light is still green...
I have a GC5SHE and overnight, the drinking water tastes horrible- filter light is still green and was replaced about 2 months ago.......
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is common on these refrigerators, you need to replace you water chiller reservoir .its part # XXXXX on this diagram. these get stagnant water buildup on the inside of the plastic tubing. you can order this @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-reservoir-item-number-ap3886014.aspx its easy to replace and comes with instructions.thanks and best wishes , Bryan

would you suggest changing out the filter too, or is this reservoir located above the filter, on the way to the water dispenser.....
The reservoir is past the filter so unless the filter has been in there for a long time changing the reservoir will take care of the foul taste. the water goes through the filter and into the reservoir and then to the dispenser. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician