Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Dryer (Atlantis) No model # XXXXX be found.

I have a Maytag Dryer (Atlantis) No model # XXXXX be found. Checked front, back both sides and I had the front panel off to watch the flame. No model or serial #. Anyway it runs and heats maybe between 7 to ten minutes, then the heat turns off, but drum keeps turning. I don't think the timer is moving. These are all the symptoms I could see. Thanks.
Tom Parnell

appliance Doc :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

appliance Doc :

The model should actually be located on a sticker just inside the door way, but for your issue, it really shouldn't matter.

appliance Doc :

First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change. If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

appliance Doc :

was there anything else you needed?

Customer:

Thank you. The sticker is missing. I thought it was always inside the door. Is there any other place I can check for the model #?

appliance Doc :

unfortunately not. That is the only place where the model is located, but it's ok because these Atlantis models are fairly well known so unless you have a bad timer or something, the parts are going to be universal for the most part.

Customer:

Thank you. It was worth the $30 bucks!!!

appliance Doc :

not a problem at all, and if you need anything else feel free to just post back. Follow-up questions don't cost anything additional