Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Waiting for a response on GE Monogram Oven not heating pro

Waiting for a response on GE Monogram Oven not heating properly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning.Can you get me the full model number so i can better assist you ? thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot find the model #. Where is it hidden?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
does this have a bottom drawer ? look in there if so.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No bottom drawer. Just a stainless steel kick plate.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay see if the stainless steel kick plate is removable, most of these just snap on. also look inside the oven where the door closes and see if its there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's not in the oven door. Been over that minutely. Kick plate may come off but I can't do it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, is this gas or electric?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Gas cook top. I assume electric oven.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

does the top lift up on this ? Its really difficult to diagnose something without a model number unfortunately. sometimes the model # XXXXX XXXXX the top on gas units if you do not have sealed burners and the top lifts up. does yours ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Got it.

ZDP36N4RD2SS

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great ! when you say this isn't heating properly what is going on ? is it too hot too not keeping the temp ? taking a long time to heat up ? can you explain a little better whats going on ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it take a long time to heat up, and won't heat up beyond about 350 -375. When I try to get it to 425 or 450 the lights just stay red and the oven doesn't reach the desired temp. it seems to work fine for regular 350 degree cooking.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay this is one of the first dual fuel ranges, it seems quite old. when you use the oven is it controlled by the dial ? you turn the thermostat knob to set this correct ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thet's right.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

when this is preheating and baking do you see the element get red hot ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
unfortunately thats not good because it tells me the element is fine which means the thermostat itself is bad.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have just tested the element. I was wrong. The element is not red hot. I can feel the heat from the overn but the element is not glowing.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

OH okay thats better . the element is a lot less than the thermostat thats for sure. your element should look like this . does it ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Exactly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay I'm going to give you the link to the element. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bake-Element/WB44X5108/261026?modelNumber=ZDP36N4RD2SS theres also there a video there on how to test it with a volt meter if you have one. (just to be sure) hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan