Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

sears dishwasher model 587.16253 lights are on. No water coming

sears dishwasher model 587.16253 lights are on. No water coming into dishwasher. Replaced water valve part # XXXXX and it still does not work. Old one was clogged at the filter. I thought this would do it
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

have you checked the float assembly? make sure its moving up and down freely ? can you hear a click from the float switch?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes that was the first thing i checked
okay,do you have a volt meter? check power to the valve , you should get 120 volts
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no voltage at the valve
okay does the pump start when you press start ? in other words does the machine start as normal but just no water?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, when you put your ear to the panel you can hear a click, but no water. Also I left it on over night and the panel goes through all the cycles. When I came in the light showed clean and sanitized.

okay from what your telling me you need to replace the control board,. the relay is kicking in but the contact is burnt and its not sending power to the valve. you need to order and replace it. heres a link where you can order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/154783201/1553504?modelNumber=587.16253400 thanks and very best wishes , Bryan