Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I have a miele g 843 scvi, dishwasher with intake and

Customer Question
drain light flashing, I can't...
Hello, I have a miele g 843 scvi, dishwasher with intake and drain light flashing, I can't get the unit to do anything, can you help
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/1/2012
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

ok lets find out what this error code is.

Hold the power off button for 5 seconds... wait 15 seconds.

hold buttons 2 and 3 while turning the machine on--- release the buttons once the salt light and the intake/drain light begin to flash.

Press 5
Press 1

one of the program buttons 1-5 will be lit up-- if not press 6
which light is lit up now?

give me the results and tell me if you pressed 6 or not.
I tried but nothing happened, I also pushed 6 nad nothing
ok can you try again? Because there should be an error if it's stopping with intake/drain flashing?

When I got to this point:

The intake/drain light flashes, but the salt/rinse aid lights remain solid. Even when I proceeded with the next step (press 5/press 1), no light will come on 1-5 or 6.

ok so that's odd, but we'll have to see what's going on another way. press and hold the stop/clear button for 5 seconds to turn the dishwasher off. Then push the power button to turn the dishwasher off and wait 15 seconds. Turn the dishwasher on and start a cycle. The dishwasher should drain for about 20 seconds and then start filling, then it should wash after a minute or two. At some point the intake/drain light will start flashing so tell me when it does and open the door and also tell me how high the water is compared to the bottom of the filter handle.

Upon pushing the "on" button the optic indicator and the intake/drain lights flash for approx nine seconds, then the salt and rise aid light remain soild, we are unable to select a function, the otic indicator and drain lights flash constantly
That's because you need to turn the dishwasher off and reset it. Again:

1. Press and hold the power button and shut the dishwasher off.

2. Turn the dishwasher on and the intake/drain light will flash.

3. Press and hold the STOP/Cancel button for 5 seconds.

4. Press the power button and turn the dishwasher off.

5. Wait 15 seconds.

6. Turn the dishwasher on by pressing the power button again.

7. Now you should be able to select a cycle and start the dishwasher.

Our machine has the folllowing controls (from left to right):

>Round, optic indicator =>on button=>off button=>1-6 washing cycles

As far as indicator lights are concerned, we have the 3 from top to bottom:

>Intake/Drain

>Salt

>Rinse aid

We don't have a stop/cancel button. We have on or off. What is the stop/cancel button and where is it?

Appliance Technician: Jon, Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
There is a much easier way to diagnose the problems with this machine. Especially if the dishwasher control computer will not reset.

We need to fist find out ofthe error light, the intake/drain light is coming on when the dish is filling in beginning of the cycle or if it comes on when it was trying to wash?

If the light was coming on when it owns filling and didn't fill completely or at all themYou need to check the filters in the inlet water valve. They are most likely clogged with sediment are obstructing the flow of water into the machine. Which would cause a long fill and cause the error to light.

If you have not already done so, please turn the water supply off to the machine and disconnect the water line to the valve under the machine. The check the filter screen in the valve. If it is clogged, clean it out Andre run the machine and see if it lets you run a normal cycle. If it still doesn't fill with water after cleaning out the filter in th valve, and you're sure the valves getting power, then you have a bad water valve and need to replace it.

But if you are getting the fault light when the machine has already filled and it starts to wash then gives you the intake/drain light it is a bad circulation motor. And if you have not already done so,please clean out the filters inside the machine. To do so, please remove the bottom rack then untwist the filter inthebase of the inside of the dishwasher. If yo feel any food or sediment in there it would need to be cleaned out. If you find nothing then you cantry to remove the top screen of the circulation motor and check there for any build up of food and sediment.

Although I don't recommend you do so if you don't already have experience working on this machine. I would let a professional do that.

Miele does sell a circulation hook filter tool that will unjam th circulation motor when this happens. If the food gets lodged in the circulation motor it causes it to jam then the sediment lays in the dishwasher until it hardens. This causing the jam in the circulation motor. And then it would not circulate the water and go through a wash cycle and cause the intake drain light to come on.

You can all Miele directly to get the parts you need. Their number is 1-800-999-1360. Or you cs order the parts on line at their website, www.miele.usa.com.

I would advise calling them. They have very knowledgable tech reps and they will know exactly how to help you. Just have you model and serial number ready when calling them. If th intake drain light comes on after the fill I would try the circulation hook filter tool first. It is the cheapest and quickest option. And most times Miele will send you the part for free.

Please email me back here if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more. And even walk you through the installation of the parts should you need them.

If you feel that I have answered your question please remember to hit the green accept button below.

Thanks.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician