Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer/Dryer Set. The Washer will

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer/Dryer Set. The Washer will not start now...the lights all come on for the settings but when I close the lid, it will not start. I can open and close it 50 times and it will not click and start. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Sounds like possibly a problem with the lock assembly.

The best thing to do here is run the diagnostic program, this will tell you if there are any stored error codes, it will also run tests on all the main parts to find any problems. I have posted a link below where you can download a tech sheet for this machine, Use the instructions on this sheet to run the diagnostic program, This will tell you where the problem is and the corrective actions needed.

Click here to download the tech sheet

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this something we can fix ourselves or will I need to call in a repair tech anyway? Is it an electronic problem or parts needed or an electronic pad or something?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
It really depends on what the problem is, you should run the diagnostic program to determine what is wrong with the machine, if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself you should call a repair guy :(