Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a Kenmore dishwasher(NNN) NNN-NNNN Its about 5 years old.

I have a Kenmore dishwasher(NNN) NNN-NNNN Its about 5 years old. Sometimes when we run it, it will stop in the middle of the cycle and either the hi temp/heat dry lights will be flashing or the dry/clean lights will be flashing. If the dry/clean lights are flashing there is about 2 inches of water in the bottom of the dishwasher and sometimes the soap dispenser has not opened. We have to run it again and next time it works fine. This is random, its happening more lately though.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

There are 4 more numbers in the model # XXXXX model # XXXXX XXXXX inside the door on the frame. Can you send the complete model # XXXXX

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Tom,

I am at work and cant remember the last four digits. Contacted my husband, but he's not gotten back with me yet. When I get the full model number later today I will send it to you.

Thanks, Brooke

Ok that is no problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Tom,

Here is the model number. Glad I had my husband check, I had one of the digits wrong. 587.15253402

Brooke

This would be a problem with the control board. Which is the computer it is located inside the door at the top. To access and replace it shut off the power then remove the screws that hold the inside door liner. Then remove the plastic cover and it is under there. This is a plug and go replacement very easy to do. This is the part #NNN-NN-NNNNyou can order it from sears it costs about 84 dollars.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. I will be purchasing this part and replacing. I thought it might be something like that since I am getting two different errors. Is there anything else it could possibly be or is this definitive?
This is the only thing that would cause what you have described.