Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

We bought a house in mid-December that has an electric Whirlpool

We bought a house in mid-December that has an electric Whirlpool Accubake wall oven. I can't find a manual on it. It cooks so fast and hot that none of my recipes turn out right. Does the convection part work all the time even if you don't select it?

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you.

Tim Alan :

No the convection fan should only operate when the convection feature is selected.

Tim Alan :

I may be able to locate a manual that you can download but I will need the complete model number of the unit.

Customer:

Where do I find that?

Tim Alan :

That should be found on the unit, either on the side or bottom, open the door or doors and look inside for a tag.

Tim Alan :

You may also want to check the actually baking temperature with an oven thermometer

Tim Alan :

When you check the temperature allow 30 minutes for the thermometer to adjust, those thermometers are slow acting

Customer:

Model number is XXXXX

Customer:

Serial number is XXXXX

Tim Alan :

Ok thank you let me check and i will be right back

Tim Alan :

Ok i found the manual I will direct you to the website were you can download it in pdf format

Customer:

Thanks.

Tim Alan :

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals/5441/WHIRLPOOL-Built-In-Oven-Electric-L0809108?brand_name_search=RBS307PVB00

Tim Alan :

copy and paste this link and see if it works

Tim Alan :

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals

Tim Alan :

Here is the basic website and you can type in the model number a

Tim Alan :

nd go from there, make sure you get the manual.

Customer:

Got it. Thanks. This is very helpful.

Tim Alan :

Your welcome, if the temperature is off look in the section on adjusting oven calibration

Tim Alan :

Let me know if you need any further assistance, please remember to press the accept button and leave a comment, thank you and have a great day.