ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a Frigidaire Affinity dryer and am getting an E64 error-

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Affinity dryer and am getting an E64 error- and the dryer keeps turning off. It was working yesterday and then I just turned on the dryer to fluff up a load today and it started doing this. Is there a way to just reset it? It is a couple months out of warranty- so how much would I be looking at to have this fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 5 years ago.

Appliance Tech Care :

I will be glad to help you with your question today. After my answer click ACCEPT if I have helped you. Tips are appreciated. Thanks

Appliance Tech Care :

The E64 error code is telling you that there is a problem with the heater
You will need to take the dryer apart and check the heater circuit.

JACUSTOMER-5epteppt- :

How do we do this? Where would the heating circuit be at?

JACUSTOMER-5epteppt- :

hello?

Appliance Tech Care :

The heater circuit is all the components inside the dryer that make the dryer heat. You have the heater itself that needs to be checked for breakage, and 2 or 3 thermostats and the wiring. The computer is sensing that the heater circuit is open, or in the state of not conducting electrical power to the heater.
Do you have a volt-ohm meter? This would be the least amount of tools that you need to even start on a problem such as you have.

Appliance Tech Care :

If you no nothing of working with electrical devices, my advice to you would be, is to seek a service tech in your area to come out to your home and repair this for you. You don't want to damage more than what is already broken already. Making the repair more expensive.

JACUSTOMER-5epteppt- :

how much would something like this run?

Appliance Tech Care :

what is the model number off the label on the machine

JACUSTOMER-5epteppt- :

FASE7073LA0

Appliance Tech Care :

The heater is around $100 but many times the thermal cutoff fuse is the problem and it is about $20 so I would say if I were doing it for you, the cost would be around 200 if the heater is bad or 125 if a less costly part was bad

Appliance Tech Care :

You need to exit this chat and hit the GREEN accept button for my services now and in the future.
If you have any other question you may come back to here and I will continue to try to help you.
Thanks for letting give me a chance to help you out .