Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung bottom freezer not making ice. What can I do?

Samsung RFG298 lower ice maker...
Samsung RFG298 lower ice maker has stopped making ice. The upper ice maker is still working. What can I check?
4/29/2012
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
There should be a button under the bottom of the icemaker head. If you press and hold the button for 15 seconds the icemaker should start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad.  If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out.  If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.
I found the button and held for 20+ seconds with no activity. How difficult is it to replace the lower ice maker?
It's hard to say without being there, but in general the one in the freezer below is not that hard to replace. Usually there are just a few screws holding the icemaker into place that you unscrew and then disconnect the wire harness and it pulls out so you can install the new icemaker.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc