Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to fix E24 error code on Thermador dishwasher

Customer Question
Any suggestions on how to...

Any suggestions on how to fix an e24 error code on a Thermador dishwasher. I did want the manual suggests for the waste pump but the error keeps coming up?

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/29/2012
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So what is the dishwasher doing exactly? Is it finishing the cycle but it's just not draining at the end? Does it keep running forever?

The dishwasher stops very early in the cycle. The error code comes up and there is a pool of water in the bottom.

Ok so E24 does mean that the waste line is blocked. Thermador dishwashers are made by Bosch and they are not easy to work on.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE