Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a whirlepool gas dryer model GGW9868KQ0 which will

I have a whirlepool gas dryer model GGW9868KQ0 which will not light up I have checked out the HSI which is good no burn out. I can't get the back off to check for a blowout high limit fuse what should I do? Or try next
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help you. This particular has the thermal fuse mounted inside the unit at the bottom right on the blower housing. I will send a few diagrams that should help you. If the hsi is not getting power check the thermal fuse first and there is also a limit on the burner tube.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Item 59 is the thermal fuse it will be mounted right on the blower housing next to the thermistor. The other limit to check would be on the burner tube and that is item number 43. Let me know what you find or if you need any further assistance.