ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Im replacing the dryer belt for a Samsung DV409AEW/XAA front

I'm replacing the dryer belt for a Samsung DV409AEW/XAA front loader. The old one shredded. Problem is when I put new belt on it seems to have quite a bit of slack around motoe and idler arm. The size of belt I purchased(from an authorized Samsung parts house) is Gates Micro-V 5PH2337. What am I missing? Is my routing wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 5 years ago.

I will be glad to help you with your question today. After my answer click ACCEPT if I have helped you. Tips are appreciated. Thanks

Don't feel bad , I had a devil of a time putting my first belt on a dryer.

Here is a video of a kenmore dryer belt replacement. It is not a Samsung, but almost all dryers route the belt in the same manner, and this should be just like yours.

Video link

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Zig Zag. Knew I was missing something. Thank you!!