Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

i keep getting a H98 error code on my the genious prestige

Customer Question

i keep getting a H98 error code on my the genious prestige microwave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

The H98 error on your unit is letting you know that there is an error on the Power Inverter board.

Robert :

Try unplugging the unit and letting it sit for 10 minutes. Plug the unit in and retry it. If it doesn't work then you will have to replace the power inverter on your microwave to fix the problem.

Robert :

I will need the model number off of the sticker inside the unit to get part numbers OR you can go to www.partselect.com OR www.repairclinic.com with the model number and look up the inverter assembly that way.

Robert :

Let me know what you find out.

Customer:

It is a brand new microwave. We have had it for maybe a week. Is it something we would have done that caused it

Robert :

From my experience on this unit I would doubt it is something you did. You would have had to run the unit empty for a long period of time OR had a power surge.

Robert :

Being that new I would box it up and take it back to the store I bought it from because it is under warranty.

Customer:

ok. Thank you

Robert :

No problem.