Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher light panel suddenly began

Customer Question
blinking - the "normal, light...
My Kitchen Aid dishwasher light panel suddenly began blinking - the "normal, light china, cancel" and "resume or start" lights. We tried turning off the power to reset the panel, but this has not worked. It is a KUDR02FS MODEL.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/10/2012
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is ***** ***** forward to helping you today.

have you tried a board reset on this ?

press "Heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will flash at which point you can press cancel to reset the board.
if you don't have a heated dry button try, air dry or energy saver dry

let me know if it resets. thanks Bryan

Bryan - Thanks for the quick response. I don't have a high temp wash.

This is the panel

Cycles: Heavy Duty, Normal, Light/China, Quick Clean-up, Rinse Only

Options: Pro Scrub, Hi-Temp Scrub, Sani-Rinse, Heat Dry, 4-hr Delay

What should I press? Thanks - Janie

okay try the heat dry button.and high temp scrub, in the meantime I'm pulling up your tech sheets, there are a few more letters after the s at the end of your model # like BL1 or something like that can you get that to me?

The reset didn't work.

This long number is ***** the Model Number:

W10055890

Will this number help? janie

okay, are the lights blinking slowly or fast ?

The Normal and Light China lights alternate very quickly.

The Cancel blinks twice and then the Start blinks once alternating. So the Cancel is quicker than the Start light.

its a keypad issue.

PROBLEM: WON'T RUN AND LED ABOVE KEY(S) IS

FLASHING RAPIDLY

Short circuit(s) in keypad or in

control's input lines that read

the keys.

you would need to order and replace the keypad. is your on the top of the door or front? also what color is it ?

It is on the top edge (out of sight when the door closes). The d/w is stainless. The key pad is also stainless with black printing.
okay sorry I had to step out for a few minutes. is this it ? if so you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/8574145/0022/665?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=8574145 thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Brian - we installed the new key pad last night. All the lights went off. However, when I push the "start/resume" button, it is solid green for a few seconds, and then it starts blinking as if I have interrupted a cycle by opening the door.

The light will blink if the door is open or if I close the door. When I press cancel, the entire panel lights are off, as they should be. I just can't get the D/W to start a wash cycle since the start button begins blinking.

I did do the reset, alternating heat dry and hi temp scrub. But even after resetting, the same thing happens.

can you open the door panel and test the door interlock switches? you need to test the for continuity. heres a video on how to test continuity. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Interlock-Switch/8269209/830947?modelNumber=KUDR02FSBL1
Bryan - I will have to wait until my husband gets home tonight to try this. I will contact you this evening. I will respond to you tonight after we try this. I will need to know how to pay you again later. I don't have a green button to push. janie

okay thats fine, thanks and let me know.you do not have to pay me again you already have.

It is the switch. Do you have a recommendation as to whom to order the switch from? Thank you so much Bryan. Janie
heres a link to the door interlock switch. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Interlock-Switch/8269209/830947?modelNumber=KUDR02FSBL1 hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Bryan. You are awesome. Thank you and have a great day. Janie
no problem Janie, have a great weekend ! thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician