Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE eletric oven will only heat in the oven auto clean mode.

My GE eletric oven will only heat in the oven auto clean mode. When put on a oven temp. setting the oven clean light flashes but no oven no light comes on . The oven on light only comes on in self clean mode.
THANK YOU
Dick
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.
it would be real helpful if you could find us the model #. can you look and see if you can find that? try in the drawer if it has one.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
# XXXXX XXXXX BP65G V3AD
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

the problem is your logic switch is bad. its part of the self clean lock system. the control thinks the door is locked so it will only want to go to self clean mode. its part # XXXXX on this diagram.you will need to order and replace it, the link below will take you to where you can order this.

logic switch thanks , Bryan